Home, Crafts, Photography, Painting, Writing, FREEBIES

Sunday, March 11, 2018

SAINT PATRICK'S DAY GNOME!

Well seems I'm jumping right from Halloween to St. Patrick's day.....at least with my blogging.  Today I have a St. Patrick's Gnome that I learned to make from Crafty Sher Cupcake on YouTube. Crafty Sher Cupcake's Gnomes Tutorial

Crafty Sher is a wonderful crafter, sharer of Dollar Store hauls, and just a warm sweet person.  I have been following her for a few months now, and I look forward to what she will share.

I absolutely LOVE gnomes. I collect the Klaus Wickl polyresin gnomes.  This gnome is made out of socks.  Sher used an orange St. Patty's day beard that she got from a friend that frequents the United States Dollar stores.  Sher is from Canada and they do not always have the same things in her stores.  I used what I had on hand, orange crimped paper that I got a few years ago and kept "just in case". Sher fills her socks with rice. I filled mine with beans that I know no one in this house is going to take the time to cook.  

I didn't have a green sock so I made stripes on my white sock with washi tape.  Then I took a green marker and made three dots close together to form a shamrocks all over the hat.  I had one in the shoe slipper sock and I cut the tip off and used that for the nose, with a stryofoam ball inside.  I glued a gold coin to the end of his hat for a tassel.  HERE IS MY FINISHED ST. PATTY'S DAY GNOME:

I used a rubber band to hold on the crimped paper that I folded in half over the band and then glued to the sock. I trimmed the beard so Patty doesn't fall over himself.  What do you think? 

   Thanks Sher for sharing. Please go see her tutorial and subscribe to her channel. #craftyshercupcake  She is also into many other crafts including fairy gardens. Why not, she is such a good fairy herself!

Luck O the Irish to yee! ~ Marie

1 comment:

  1. i love, love this, i watch sher's all the time well done

    ReplyDelete