Home, Crafts, Photography, Painting, Writing, FREEBIES

Monday, June 18, 2018

MY FIRST SALE ON ETSY.COM

I MADE MY FIRST SALE ON ETSY.COM



Truly, I am higher than a kite.  On June, 16, 2018, I made my first sale on Etsy.com in my shoppe, GoodThingsSmallBoxes

I check my Etsy.com Shoppe every day, just in case there is an interested buyer.  I was shocked, thought I was dreaming when I opened it the other day to find that someone had bought my handmade Polish Szopka!! A szopka is a Polish traditional nativity scene. It is large and elaborate, made of paper, glue and tape.  For further discussion, please see my previous blog.  

Traditional Polish Szopka by Arlene Klatkiewicz-Pitts
My first sale on Etsy.com

I cannot tell you the deep thrill and excitement of someone, a stranger finding one's work, and liking it so much that they purchase it!  For fear of sounding like Sally Field, ("they like me they really like me"), wow. I made it. I wanted to sell it. I wanted it to happen. It did and now I'm surprised that someone else appreciates and likes my work, or what they could see. 

Even if it is only one sale, but I doubt it, this confirms and reaffirms the truth to "BELIEVE IN ONESELF".

What is more, I am so joyful to be sharing my Polish culture with others and keeping the love of this tradition alive even in a small way.

One sale....I know, but it fuels my enthusiasm. It blasts those who laughed and said it couldn't be done.  It lifts my spirits high.  It confirms where believing in oneself can go.  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  I pray that many more find my shoppe and enjoy my creations.

(I will not reveal my buyer in order to keep their confidentiality secure.)
~~Marie
#etsy.com
#szopka
#polishculture

No comments:

Post a Comment